Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Marathon (Wo)man

Hola readers! Look at all these posts that I'm writing! After such a long absence! And so enthusiastically!

Okay, enough of that. Suffice it to say that I'm in a better mood today. And I've decided...to run a marathon! Well, a half-marathon actually. We'll see how it goes. The idea of 26.2 miles kind of makes me want to run away in fear. Probably the not the type of running people envision when you say "marathon." But 13 miles sounds manageable. Or at least not terrifying. So I've decided to run the Mardi Gras Marathon, which, as it turns out, isn't actually during Mardi Gras season at all, but afterwards. Because, let's face it, even the most serious fitness nuts are either (a) hung over, (b) burnt out, or (c) both, on Mardi Gras, or the two weeks preceeding it.

Am I crazy? You might be wondering that (or maybe you're not. Maybe you don't care about my state of mind. In that case, why are you at my blog? Because I talk about myself, a lot). Well, maybe I am. After all, my last post on running was less than enthusiastic. It took the promise of Bloody Mary's and silly costumes to even get me up that early. And then I walked, and it was only a 5k. And I smoked the whole time. And yes, it's possible that I only have a vague idea of the definition of cross-training, and up until about 6 months ago my only exercise was some variation of cigarette-to-mouth lifting. But I've taken up jogging recently, and I've found that (gasp!) I like it. So why not?

Plus, it'll make me exercise, and god knows that I need to work off the excesses that I've been indulging in since I moved here two and a half years ago.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com