Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Holy crap!

So, I know that I said I was going to train for a marathon (or a half-marathon. Brief aside: if I'm going to do the training and everything, is it a cop-out to only run halfway? Or does that make me a slightly saner person?), but I haven't run since Saturday. I have good excuses though. For one, I keep getting shin splints. If you don't know what they are, it feels like you cracked your shin bone in half. It's a small bone, and it hurts when it feels broken. And I have a midterm coming up tomorrow. I thought that it would only involve about 300 pages of reading, but it was more like 500, or possibly 600. So, I've been busy and cranky too. But anyway, the other day I picked up a friend at the airport, and I thought to myself "let's just use our little mileage thing, and see how far it is." So I did, and I drove to the airport, and then back to her house near Broadway, and it was only about 28 miles. I say "only" because I thought it would be a lot further away than that, and I was discouraged to know that if I did a full marathon, I would have to run to the airport, and back to Broadway, approximately. Because that's a long f-ing way to run. And now I think that maybe I was crazy to think that this was possible, especially with a leg bone that feels broken. But, I signed up for law school, so that makes me crazy anyway. So why the hell not?

2 comments:

Some Girl said...

Clearly your odometer is broken, because I have officially clocked it, and the drive to the airport is exactly 8 billion trillion miles.

How long IS a half-marathon, anyway?

quin browne said...

13 miles

tell joe i say 'hey'

 
template by suckmylolly.com