Monday, November 27, 2006

Food is sexy

I read an article today on MSN that listed the writer's favorite movies about food, according to categories. I disagree with his choices, so I made my own list, sans random categories.

1. Like Water For Chocolate: granted, the book is way hotter, waaay hotter, but the movie does its best. Food is so strongly linked to emotion, which is pretty much the way it is in real life. I mean, when I feel good or bad I eat accordingly. When I think of major events or holidays, I think of food. Yummy.

2. Chocolat: the author of the article disagrees with me; he calls the movie "corny." Whatever. Anyone who looks at chocolate as a religious experience is my kind of woman. And it has Johnny Depp. Hot.

3. 9 1/2 weeks. The sex scene in front of the refrigerator. That is all.

4. Breakfast at Tiffany's: technically not a food movie, but I'm okay with that. I would skip my usual bagel for diamonds, too.

5. When Harry Met Sally: author disagrees with me here too. It's cool. The food ordering scene is seriously funny. Meg Ryan faking an orgasm in a large restaurant is probably the best acting I've actually ever seen out of her.

Looking at the above list, you may think that I'm obsessed with food, sex, and jewelry...and I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

Ann said...

1) Original Iron Chef. So it's not a movie. I don't care. It's a bizarre production based around food. I figure that's enough.
2) Spanglish. Tell me you don't want to eat that sandwich he makes.
3) Tortilla Soup. Haven't seen it, but have often been inspired to make soup after seeing the cover.
4) Like Water For Chocolate. One my all-time favs.
5) Fried Green Tomatoes. The BBQ scene is one of the all-time grossest things I've ever seen. It's not hot or tasty, but it is really freaking interesting.
6) Steel Magnolias. Remember the armadillo cake?

Liza Jane said...

Had also totally forgotten about the Indiana Jones dinner scene. Ewwwww.

 
template by suckmylolly.com