Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stick with what works

Apparently the abject terror I felt last night at the thought of my con law exam wasn't entirely unfounded. That's right, I just got beasted by my first exam. See, I didn't think it would be so bad. Our professor told us that case names weren't really important, for example. Okay, I thought, so I'll just make sure that I know the key facts, and the significance of the case, and so on, and I'll be just fine, right? Right, until I saw question 3, worth a third of our exam grade, and realized that I was well and truly screwed. What the hell were you thinking Con Law Professor?! Oh, I know, it's like our Crim Law exam last semester, the one the teacher made "just for us." Please, no more favors, we've been tormented enough. If you have exams on file dating back to 1991, and they all follow the same format, why not stick with it? It obviously works. Instead, I'm now having random bouts of rage, thinking "how could that have gone so badly?" During the rage parts, I have this almost uncontrollable urge to drive to the Supreme Court building and bitch slap pictures of old justices, which actually kind of amuses me and makes me feel better for a while. When I stop giggling/fuming, I realize that I have another exam the day after tomorrow. So, anyway, pray for me, and in the meantime, I guess I should stop drinking margaritas and get back to studying.

2 comments:

Pink Pirate said...

question 3 was the spawn of the devil. softball question my ass. im so glad that he told us we didnt need to know case names. i must breath deeply in order to not
(a) freak out
(b) pass out
(c) quit law school and become the shame of my family

asenath waite said...

hah! continue drinking your margaritas and ignoring K2. there are some things which are just Not Meant to Be Done.

 
template by suckmylolly.com