Friday, June 23, 2006

My school is sinking

It seems like such a very long time ago that I decided it would be a good idea to do an accelerated year of law school to make up for that stupid hurricane. There I was, hanging out in Memphis with my friends, going to Graceland, eating Doritos for breakfast, attempting to refuse to go home to Pennsylvania to placate my parents, when...school got cancelled, not for the week that was originally planned, but for a whole semester. So, I finally give in and go back to my farming-happy hometown, where everybody and their mother attempts to force me to go to a different school for the semester. Columbia? No thanks, I'll pass, even though it was my first choice. Penn, Pitt? Nope, uh-uh, not going. I know! I'll go to Hawaii and hang out on the beach all semester while interning. Not only will it look good on my resume, but everyone will leave me alone and I can go swimming! And get a tan! So, perfect plans in motion, I jet off to Oahu, and go swimming, and get a tan, all the while thinking that doing law school in 6 months when I get back will be no big deal. I mean, I did the accelerated courses before when I decided that I was sick of being in college, so how hard can it be? Reallly hard, apparently. And and by hard, I mean mind-numbingly-I'm-so-burnt-out-I-could-sleep-for-a-week difficult. But, that said, I think if I got to rewind and go back to last August, I'd probably do the same thing. That doesn't mean that if the same thing happens again, I won't visit. I'll be off to another school for the semester faster than you can say "2L." But for now, I'm feeling optimistic...and will be until I get my grades back.

3 comments:

asenath waite said...

Think iof it this way ... If you survive this, you DESERVE to be a lawyer.

We will have to work this into some kind of job skill on our resumes: "in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, completed an 'accelerated' year in law school and managed not to become a homicidal maniac or fail out."

Some Girl said...

This is, of course, assuming that she hasn't become a homicidal maniac.


...Has anyone actually seen Max lately?

The Fantabulous Heddy G said...

I see you have a blog too!!!! More procrastination!!!


Carry on

 
template by suckmylolly.com