Friday, February 16, 2007

Judgy McJudgerson

It's come to my attention that lately, I may have been just a little bit judgmental. Normally, I consider myself pretty open-minded, whatever you want to do is totally okay with me, but sometimes I hear about something and my two cents just comes right on out. Take yesterday, for example. On our way to the parades, some friends and I were discussing some of the Girls Gone Wild girls who, after seeing their images from Spring Break plastered onto late night television, decided to sue the creators. Apparently, one of their arguments was that the creators had assured them that their images wouldn't be broadcast. The following conversation ensued:
Me: Whatever, I can't believe that they actually believed that. I mean, seriously, how dumb can you get?
Tara: Liza! You're supposed to be a feminist. Side with the ladies.
Me: Feminism my ass. If you even have a faint idea what Girls Gone Wild is, you wouldn't believe that.
Ann: Imagine that you're from a small town and you're 18 and on Spring Break, and a little wasted...
Me: I am from a small town, I'm just not an idiot, so therefore I can't imagine it.
Chorus: Compassion Liza! You're supposed to empathize!
Me: Humph. Judge, judge, judge, judge, judge (said while wagging my head back and forth on each "judge," because I feeling mature.)
Pink Pirate: So you side with the Girls Gone Wild guy, the sleazy, sober, old man convincing these young girls to do things?
Me: No, I don't like him either. I'm neutral, like Switzerland. I'm a judgmental Switzerland.

So, yes, I was feeling a little judgmental. In my defense, if I actually knew these girls I probably wouldn't feel the same way, because while I might be a little judgy, I'm also loyal. I tend to side with my friends no matter what. Like, if one of them robbed a bank, I'd probably find a way to post bail and then ask her if she was in trouble and needed to borrow some money. And I usually regret being all judgy as soon as I actually take the time to learn all of the facts, and am then forced to eat my words and admit that I may have been wrong, maybe. So, see, I'm a nice person. A sweet, loyal, judgmental Switzerland.

1 comments:

Some Girl said...

I love my judgy Switzerland! I will TOTALLY call you for bail after I rob that bank.

 
template by suckmylolly.com