Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Isn't it ironic*

It would seem that everytime I think that something is never going to happen, I'm going to be wrong. Last semester, when I thought that I aced my Income Tax exam, I ended up getting a completely average grade on it. I thought that I failed my EU final, and it ended up being my highest grade. Yesterday, I made the executive decision to give up on the job search, accept the fact that no one was going to hire me, and go to Siena for the summer to learn about International Art Law. When I got home to check my email, I found that I'd been selected for one of the spring interviews. This is both annoying, because I was really into the idea of going to Italy, and comforting, because maybe I'll get the job and I can stop worrying that I'm going to unemployed and in debt forever. So, I'm going to test my theory and stop wishing that I were filthy rich. Hopefully, if I'm right, I'll win the lottery.

*I never use this word, because despite having looked up the definition any number of times, I can never tell if I'm using it in the right way or not. So, anyway, if I'm wrong, please don't tell me.

1 comments:

Chuck said...

Congratulations on the interview! It's always nice to have more than one option.

By the way, "ironic" used in the adjectival form can properly be used to describe something coincidental or unexpected, so it seems like you've used in exactly the right form ... I'm sorry, I used to be an editor. I still haven't exorcised the grammar nerd in me.

 
template by suckmylolly.com