Friday, February 23, 2007

The day after Mardi Gras

Ever have "just one of those days"? Yeah, me too. A chronicle of events:

5:00 Wake up when Max's alarm goes off. Toss and turn.
7:00 Wake up when my alarm goes off. Want nothing more than to go back to sleep. Hit snooze button three times.
8:30 Realize there is nothing to eat in the whole house. Leave the house early so that I can pick up McDonald's on the way to school.
8:45 Drop hashbrown bits on my shirt, which instantly create grease stain. Put handy sweatshirt on.
8:47 Have somehow managed to get grease on sweatshirt arm too.
8:50 Realize that I have worn the jeans that, just the other day, developed a hole in a rather sensitive area. Think to myself "not to worry, you have the sweatshirt. Just tie it around your waist." Realize that sweatshirt is hiding stain on t-shirt. Resolve to sit all day with my legs crossed.
9:00 Park five blocks from school to avoid getting a ticket for being parked over two hours. Splash through the rain to law building. Jeans now soaked halfway up my calves.
9:05 Arrive at school to finish homework that I didn't do the night before. Turn on computer to find assignment, and realize I have left my power cord at home. Debate which class to skip so that I can go home and get it. Realize that I could have parked closer if only staying for one class.
10-11:15 Sit in class, bored out of my mind. Realize that I should have skipped this class.
11:15 Leave building to go get power cord. Breathe sigh of relief that morning is almost over.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from the post-Mardi Gras malaise ... only three months until Jazz Fest.

Law School Debutante said...

hahahaha.... oh this made me giggle liza jane! :) i heart you.

 
template by suckmylolly.com