Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Haunted

I think I have the running version of a poltergeist. He lives in my legs. I first started running seriously and I got shin splints. Then I kicked my cabinet in a fit of rage (I dropped my dinner on the floor at the end of a long day) and sprained my foot. Then I got new shoes to get rid of the shin splints, which worked for a while, but stupid Saucony went and discontinued my shoe and the new ones weren't as perfect and I got plantar fasciitis. It went away eventually and, for a while now, things have been quiet. I was starting to think that the poltergeist had finally left me alone, but as often happens, I was wrong. After a ridiculously hard yoga class on Thursday (seriously, this woman would have made the toughest dominatrix hang her head in shame), I took a few days off, then went for a nice long run on Sunday. Sunday night - shin splints. Shin splints from hell that will not go away no matter how many cold packs I wrap around my legs. Problem is, I think my shoes are going, because my knees have been bugging me too. Normally I'd go out and buy new ones, but times are tough and I cannot afford to shell out $100 or so for a pair of sneakers. I blame the poltergeist for this too. Clearly, he is preventing me from getting a job so that I cannot buy sneakers. Fucking demon.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com