Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Missing New Orleans

Let me just first say that I'm liking Pittsburgh quite a lot. It's really a lovely city despite its reputation as an old steel town and thus somewhat backwards and dirty. Really, it cleans up nicely. Anyway, that said, I'm having a powerfully homesick for New Orleans type of moment. For one thing, it is less than 70 degrees here, and overcast. For another, I'm reading a book set in New Orleans, and Max and I have been suggesting restaurants and activities for a friend visiting NOLA this weekend, and it's making me want to get back in the rental truck and drive another 20 hours cross country, despite the threat of Gustav (what the hell kind of name is that, anyway?), and then eat myself silly for at least a week, because the restaurants in Pittsburgh just aren't up to snuff. Le sigh.

2 comments:

Some Girl said...

Dude, it's ANOTHER birthday hurricane! We have to stop aging.

Liza Jane said...

I know, we're clearly harbingers of doom. I would just like to put it out there that I have no problem not aging anymore, and would even subtract a few years if it would help.

 
template by suckmylolly.com