Sunday, July 13, 2008

Living Well is the Best Revenge

Normally, I try not to take pleasure in others' misfortune. After all, schadenfreude is unflattering and generally kind of icky. However, for some I'll make an exception.

I went out to lunch yesterday with one of my best friends from college. We ended up picking up where we'd left off and talking for three hours and, during this time, she gave me this little tidbit to snack on: apparently, my ex-boyfriend (I've written about him before. He's the one who set the couch on fire while drunk one night and ran down the street naked after we'd had an argument. Several times.) didn't get only one DUI after we'd broken up (as I'd thought), but three. He went to JAIL! Anyway, like I said, normally I might feel bad for someone so obviously messed up, but this dude made my life miserable for four years. MISERABLE. He was an awful cheating bastard, and I guess you could call this comeuppance. The best part is that his parents were always convinced that I was some gold digger after his trust fund. They were generally disapproving of me and thought that their son could do no wrong. So it's really sort of poetic when you think about it: he went to jail, I graduated from law school.

Warms my heart just a little bit.

1 comments:

Some Girl said...

Bwuh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! I love it!

 
template by suckmylolly.com