Saturday, December 20, 2008

Changing Lanes

You know what my biggest pet peeve is right now? People who don't wave nicely when you let them in while driving, especially if they did something stupid and you're letting them correct it, or there's a lot of traffic. It takes five seconds! Just raise you hand, twiddle your fingers a little and you're done. Simple, right? People who don't wave make me want to ram the backs of their cars until they at least acknowledge my existence in some way. Ingrates.

My other pet peeve is not having insurance. Seriously. It's probably the worst bit of not having a job (despite my fancy education and the giving up of the last 7 years of my life that I've wasted trying to make myself employable, moving all over the damn country and spending piles and piles of money. But no, that's apparently not enough. Way to graduate in a recession, Liza. Okay, I feel a little better now). Anyway, um, insurance. That's what I like for Christmas. Anyone know how to make that happen?

Well then, that concludes your daily rant. I'll be all over the place for the next two weeks or so, so the chances of my posting are pretty slim, but I'll be back after New Year's. I hope you all have wonderful Chrismahanukwanzakahs and get exactly what you want, and I hope that your New Year's Eves are exciting and sparkly and champagne-filled. Smooches!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, regarding the insurance part -for health insurance call Blue Cross. They have a decent "if all hell breaks loose" HMO plan. DON'T go uninsured in that department - it's crazy what a slip and fall will cost you these days. For auto insurance, if you are really driving a beater, get el-cheapo, liability-only "Illegal Alien Car Insurance." Freeway has those annoying ads on the radio, but they sure sound thrifty. Although it's unclear whether or not they'll pay out in the event of a claim, if you have little to no assets, who cares?

 
template by suckmylolly.com