Monday, October 6, 2008

Do These Jeans Make My Ass Look Cold?

Two things:

1.


Clear
52°F

Feels Like 52°F

I'm not entirely sure where weather.com is getting their data, but it does not feel like 52 degrees out there. More like 40. More like, holy shit it's cold outside. It's official, I have acquired the tolerance for cold of someone born and raised in the South, rather than that of someone simply transplanted there for a few years. I shiver and whine and cower in fear of the cold, especially when I realize that it'll likely get about 30-40 degrees colder over the next few months, zeroing out somewhere in late January/early February. This is the sort of cold that physically hurts when one steps outside. Something to look forward to.

The other problem with this winter issue is that, after three years in New Orleans, I have almost no cold-weather clothes left. Those that I do have may or may not fit after at least a year in boxes. Normally I would go shopping to remedy this little problem, but my lack of an income precludes me from doing so (quick aside on the job front - bar results are due on Friday. I won't be checking them until Monday because I don't want to ruin my weekend (aren't I an optimist?), but I'm scared). Hence, my uniform for a while may have to consist of jeans and various college hoodies. Hell, at least I'll fit in should I decide to wander down to the college campuses.

2. I posted a while ago about how much I'm dismayed by the return of the skinny jean. I remained strong for a long time, but recently I caved. I am now the proud (maybe? I still need a girlfriend's opinion, which is more difficult now that we've all moved away) owner of a pair of skinny jeans. Like, really skinny. Part of me thinks they're awesome, and part of me is afraid that I look like an asshole. Good thing I'm going to visit Big Booty Ho in D.C. this weekend and can get the required feedback. I have to admit, I hope it's positive, because I'm shamefully excited to wear them out in public for the first time.

1 comments:

asenath waite said...

seriously. if it weren't for the $250 i dropped on a north face jacket i would probably be dead by now.

and thankfully, i can wear jeans and a t-shirt to my job. otherwise i'd probably already be unemployed for not following dress code.

 
template by suckmylolly.com