Thursday, June 19, 2008

Waving Goodbye

In the past three years, I've probably complained about a lot of things about New Orleans. There is weirdly bad traffic, and the scariest bugs I've ever seen, and screwy government, and the heat is oppressive. But it's also the most charming city that I've ever lived in, and it's felt like home since my first visit back in March of '05, when I decided to stay. And I'm going to miss it like crazy, because I'm leaving in 11 days to move to Pittsburgh in the hope that it will be easier to find a job to fit my overpriced education. My house is barely packed, but a couple days ago I finally packed a couple of boxes and it hit me that the last three years are over and I have to start again, in a new-ish city (I lived there for four years) without my friends, who have absolutely been my family since only a few days after school started. So I'll miss New Orleans, but I'll miss them more. Even though 90210 was a ridiculous show, I'm really wishing that my life was more like a sitcom. We could all go to high school together, and then it would seem like we'd actually have to say goodbye but really we'd stay in the same city, which would miraculously have a great college, and then we'd all get jobs in the same city and no one would have to say goodbye ever. And although our early years in 80's-colored spandex would be caught on national TV, it would be awesome.

I'm doing really badly at this, aren't I? I think I might be better at bitching about the bugs. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I miss you already, and you mean the world to me, and I'll see you soon.

1 comments:

Law School Debutante said...

My mom and uncle were in New Orleans today. To close on my condo. It's official. I no longer live at The 4007. I'm sad. And I miss you too!

 
template by suckmylolly.com