Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Liza + Floor Furnace = Disaster

I believe I've posted before about how floor furnaces look to be inherently dangerous. But then I was mostly talking about how a flame under my dusty, hundred-year-old hardwood floors just seemed like a bad idea. And I know I've posted numerous times about how damn clumsy I am, usually involving spilling some highly colored beverage all over a hard to clean area of my house. Well apparently, my clumsiness + the inherently dangerous floor furnace is a volatile combination. See, here we have said floor furnace:


See that metal rim all around it? Yep, I tripped over it. And fell, hard. And it got caught on my big toe and ripped most of the skin off of the bottom of it. Gross, right? Oh yes, yes it was. And I'm not even all that squeamish. Normal people probably would have walked right over it with no problem, but I ended up with this (don't worry, it's not gross):

How does one accomplish this? Well, if one happens to have the motor skills of a five-year-old, it's surprisingly easy. You just try to walk, and things get in your way. If my foot hadn't hurt so damn bad I probably would have kicked the hell out of my floor furnace, but knowing me that would have resulted in greater injury. The kicker is that I was having a really good day. I was a model of efficiency. And I'm now up to 2.5 miles a day, but I'm guessing that this is going to put a damper on that as well. Stupid shoddy heating devices. That settles it. As soon as my foot feels better I'm going to kick the furnace. Let's just hope I don't sprain my foot like that time I kicked the kitchen cabinet for hurting me.

2 comments:

Some Girl said...

You know, both yours' and Lindsay's houses really have it it out for your feet.

I say just refuse to mop the floor. That'll show that house!

asenath waite said...

my old housemate once melted a plastic trash can on one of those. and my cousin tripped and burned her leg on one.

you're not alone!

 
template by suckmylolly.com