Friday, January 18, 2008

The Petri Dish

Here we are, in the thick of cold and flu season, so I'd like to give you one of my all-time pet peeves, to make you feel better. Are you feverish, unable to swallow because of a sore throat, vomiting, sneezing, coughing, or otherwise ill? Are you out in public, sharing the wealth with the healthy people? If so, I hate you a little bit. Because, WHY?! One of my best friends currently has the stomach flu that's been going around the law school (which might rival a daycare center in sheer germ levels). Where is she? At home, having decided to keep her germs to herself. Which is part of what I love about her: she's considerate. She knows that the rest of us wouldn't want to spend the next three days eating only saltines and ginger ale, so she's taking a couple days off. And that's fine, because she's probably not missing anything. You heard it here: your job, your classes, none of them are that important that you just can't miss them. Unless you're an on-call brain surgeon, and someone will die if you don't go to work, just stay home. I'll even give you my class notes. Because to do otherwise is just unfair. Thanks, and get well soon.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com