Sunday, March 25, 2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality

I don't know what the next line of that old song is, but for me it's definitely "Back to writing a 40-70 page comment for the journal." How's that for coming back from vacation? Regardless, Spring Break was a good time. I look a bit like a lobster, but I guess that's to be expected from someone whose normal skin tone is in the pale and freckly range. On the plus side, several of my freckles seem to have connected, making it appear as though I have extra melanin somewhere under the surface. Anyway, without further ado, some Spring Break highlights:
- It would seem that BBH and I have some awesome McDonald's karma. Two meals for the price of half of one? 3000+ calories for $4? That's what I call happiness.
- On the same subject, it would seem that most girls who go to Florida for Spring Break don't eat all that much. At least, this is the only way that I can explain the reactions of our waiters to our mammoth orders. Even better though, was the range of facial expressions garnered by the fact that not only do we order eight baskets of breadsticks, but eat every single one of them. I thought our waiter that night was gonna laugh when he offered us dessert. Strangely enough, it would seem that laying on the beach and consuming my body weight in seafood is good for the figure, since I lost a couple of pounds.
- Apparently, proximity to the ocean makes me even clumsier than normal. BBH has rechristened me Zero Gravity in light of the many face-plants that I did into the sand. Strangely, I was mostly sober for most of them.
- A relative lack of drama. You know, because most times that you put eight girls into two hotel rooms, you're in store for some hair pullin'.
- The sexiest way to save water...that's for you PP.

Anyway, as you can see, Spring Break was relatively uneventful, which is just the way that I like it. Now back to my commenting, by which, of course, I mean facebooking.

1 comments:

Chuck said...

Wow, 40-70 pages? Tell me footnotes take up a large part of that.

Glad you had a good vacation!

 
template by suckmylolly.com