Saturday, December 9, 2006

A day in the life of...

Yesterday was a remarkably bad day. I'm back to happy today, but feel the need to share my thoughts about it anyway. I blame Entergy. They started it.

11:15 pm: The electricity goes out. I frantically call Entergy, get no response, and proceed to stomp around the house cursing.

11:30: I lie in bed, audibly sighing, trying to go back to sleep while ranting in my head about how much I hate Entergy.

11:32: Max informs me that he, too, is trying to sleep. I shut up.

11:45(ish): I finally fall back to sleep.

2:55 am: Electricity comes back on momentarily. I wake up and rejoice. The electricity blinks back off again.

5:00: Max’s alarm goes off. I wake up to find that the electricity is still off. Cue the frantic dialing of Entergy’s outage reporting line. I get no response. I am now too pissed off to go back to bed, so I get up to take a shower.

5:05: Electricity comes back on.

5:05-5:45: Stand in the shower, occasionally ranting and crying with frustration because dammit, I didn’t get enough sleep and how dare Entergy mess with me when I have a final coming up. Max finally calms me down, and I feel awake enough to get dressed.

6:00: Electricity goes out again. I call Entergy and, after waiting on hold for 5 minutes, get someone on the line. She informs me that my electricity will not be back on until 10:30. I say something rude and hang up.

6:15: I leave the house, determined to get McDonald’s breakfast to soothe my anger.

6:45: McDonald’s has screwed up my order. I eat it anyway, thinking the whole time how unsatisfactory it is.

9:00: Exam begins.

11:30: Still frantically typing. I’m sure that I am failing even as I write my answers. I have the urge to cry hysterically and drop out of law school.

12:00: Exam is now over. I leave, shout “fuck” in the hallway, and get yelled at by Academic Services lady.

1:00-6:00: I drink beer and try to calm down by watching the same movie twice. My dad calls me, and I inform him that I’m dropping out of law school. He tells me that everyone hates law school in the middle of their second year. I am strangely calmed by this news.

7:30: Have semi-drunken conversation with friend about upcoming Evidence exam. Having calmed her down, I feel better, and proceed to read my outline several times, hoping to memorize it.

11:00: Go to bed and attempt to quiet brain down by telling myself over and over that I have gone to class, and will thus do fine on Evidence exam. Having adopted Zen-like state concerning exam, I finally go to sleep.

2 comments:

asenath waite said...

:( :(

don't worry. beer will make it all better.

The Fantabulous Heddy G said...

I had no idea the power went out too. Now I understand the evil frustration. Entergy is a bitch! (knock on wood)

 
template by suckmylolly.com