Thursday, December 7, 2006

Baffled

My evidence professor has never let us miss a class. There's always a make-up. He also apparently felt the need to complete the entire syllabus. This doesn't seem all that abnormal, but by completing the syllabus, I mean that he felt the need to cram the last two or three assignments into the very last class. Those last few assignments were worth over one hundred pages of really gripping reading. I just don't understand this. I mean, is that last hour and fifteen minutes going to make me a better lawyer? Probably not. Is he going to expect us to know as much about that last class as we do about cross and direct examination, which we spent three weeks on? Most likely. Professors, let me just tell you this: with a few exceptions, students are okay with missing out on a few things. We won't be mad at you because we're not getting our money's worth. Our budding legal careers will not flounder and die because we don't everything there is to know about a given subject. I mean, seriously, there's always Bar-Bri. So just calm down. If you find yourself at the end of the semester, and there's still an assignment or two left, just let it go. We'll be fine. You'll be fine. Trust me.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com