Friday, August 17, 2007

All I want for my birthday is...a hurricane?

So, my birthday is coming up, next Sunday to be exact. Which means, per usual, that it's time for a hurricane scare . For previous examples, see Katrina (2005), and Ernesto (2006 - it doesn't matter that it didn't do anything in the end. The point is that I spent the week up until my birthday worrying about it). So, lo and behold:

From weather.com:
"Dean now a major hurricane"
It is too early to tell what, if any, impacts Dean will have on the United States but all along the western Gulf Coast, including coastal Texas and Louisiana, will want to keep monitoring Dean through the weekend into next week.

Now isn't that just peachy. I mean, New Orleans is already on my shitlist lately (see: ridiculous Entergy bills, possible failure of city's water system, soaring crime rate, etc. etc. etc.), and this isn't helping. Which means that no hurricanes are allowed to ruin my birthday this year. Hear that, Dean? That means go away. I do not need you to blow out my candles for me.

3 comments:

Some Girl said...

From CNN.com:
the storm (Dean) [is] so large -- about the size of Texas

Awesome.

At least this one's not aimed at us.

Chuck said...

Happy early birthday! Well I don't think you have to worry about Dean anymore, so you should be free to celebrate without having to evacuate.

quin browne said...

happy birthday.

i lived though hilda, betsy and carla when all we had were bologna sandwiches with that nasty orange spread and my dad yelling if we played monopoly one more time, he'd kill us and then danny boudreau fell out of the partially blown over tree after betsy and got stitches and we had to eat bisque and etoufee for days.

now, that was cool.

you youngsters.

 
template by suckmylolly.com